Each 2.5g vial contains:
- Amoxycillin sodium IP Eq. to Amoxycillin 1250mg
- Cloxacillin sodium IP Eq. to Cloxacillin 1250mg
Each 3g vial contains:
- Amoxycillin sodium IP Eq. to Amoxycillin 1500mg
- Cloxacillin sodium IP Eq. to Cloxacillin 1500mg
Each 4g vial contains:
- Amoxycillin sodium IP Eq. to Amoxycillin 2000mg
- Cloxacillin sodium IP Eq. to Cloxacillin 2000mg
Pharmacology and Mechanism of Action
Amoxicillin generally has a narrow spectrum of activity that includes streptococci, non-beta-lactamase–producing staphylococci, and other gram-positive cocci and bacilli.
In dogs, the peak concentration, half-life, volume of distribution, and clearance are 11 mcg/mL, 1.3 hours, 0.72 L/kg, and 6.5 mL/kg/min, respectively. Amoxicillin oral absorption in small animals is
higher than ampicillin).
Indications and Clinical Uses
Amoxicillin is used for a variety of infections in all species, including urinary tract infection, soft tissue infections, and pneumonia.
Do not mix with other drugs in compounded formulations. Instructions for Use
Small Animal Dosage
Dogs and Cats
• 6.6-20 mg/kg q8-12h PO.
Large Animal Dosage
• Nonruminating: 10-22 mg/kg q8-12h PO.
Cattle and Horses
• 6.6-22 mg/kg q8-12h PO (suspension). Note: Oral doses in large animals are not well absorbed (except in foals), and amoxicillin is generally not administered via this route.
Cloxacillin is similar in spectrum and activity as amoxicillin. Cloxacillin in combination with Amoxicillin in will provide better Synergistic Bactericidal effect against Gram+ve, Gram-veas well as Beta Lactamase & Penicillinase. Cloxacillin has the greatest antimicrobial activity in its group against Penicillinase producting resistant strain of Staphylococcus ahreus the notorious causative organism of mastitis.
Pneumonia Bronchitis B.Q.
Bacterial Gastroenteritis Metritis Pyometra Leptospirosis Listeriosis Cystitis
Otitis Externa and Interna Urogenital tract Infection Retained Placenta E.Coli Infection Respiratory tract Infection Bronchitis and Surgical Wounds.
Dosage & administration:
- 10mg/Kg B.wt by I/M or I/V for 3-5 days
- 2.5g, 3g and 4g